Zscaler Application Profiler (ZAP) is web based tool designed to streamline the capture and analysis of HTTP(S) traffic from mobile applications. ZAP is capable of analyzing traffic from both iOS and Android applications and includes the following functionality:
- Search: View summarized historical results for past scans.
- Scan: Proxy traffic from a mobile device through the ZAP proxy and the mobile app traffic will be automatically captured and analyzed
- iPCU: Upload your iOS device configuration file(.deviceinfo) to check risk score of installed application. It will give you overall risk score of your device. The information provided is based on out knowledge base.
ZAP classifies traffic into the following buckets and calculates an overall risk score for the application:
- Authentication: Username/password sent in clear text or using weak encoding methods.
- Device Metadata Leakage: Data that can identify an individual device, such as the Unique Device Identifier (UDID).
- Personally Identifiable Information Leakage: Data that can identify an individual user, such as an email address, phone number or mailing address.
- Exposed content: Communication with third parties such as advertising or analytics sites.
For additional details on how to use ZAP and view a video walkthrough, please see the ThreatLabZ blog.